New York, Jan 16: There are times when you have to live in small houses where storage becomes a problem. Use baskets and shoe holders to enhance the look of your abode while storing up the essentials.
Here are ways to make more room in your house when there isn't much to begin with, reports huffingtonpost.com:
* Hang anything on the wall: You can hang anything on the wall, even bikes - though you might want to call in a professional for that.
* Use baskets: Optimize shelves with baskets. They basically become drawers when placed inside small bookshelves.
* Make a wall of bookshelves: If you paint them all one colour, they look like built-ins.
* Put behind-the-door shoe holders to other uses: These aren't just for shoes. Use them for socks and undergarments, rolled-up towels, toiletries, cleaning products and more.
* Put everything in Mason jars: The glass jars take up less space, look great, are cheap and can be hung underneath cabinets.