London, Jan 11: If you're still suffering from the after effects of over indulgence during Christmas and New Year celebrations, there are places where just one visit can leave you rejuvenated.
GoEuro, a travel search website, has suggested five places in Britain that can help in detoxifying your body - whether you are looking for an active weekend away or something a little less strenuous, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here's the list:
* Secluded Scottish national park: To help you nurse your New Year hangover, why not visit one of Britain's quieter national parks such as Cairngorm National Park in the heart of the Scottish Highlands? Cairngorm has one of the most impressive glacial landscapes outside of Canada, with granite tors and deposits from the Ice Age.
* Yoga retreat: Bring out your spiritual side this year by visiting a yoga retreat and work on your strength and flexibility whilst using breathing techniques and meditation to boost your physical and mental well being.
* Explore the history in Rye: Rye in East Sussex is one of the most complete medieval villages in Britain. The vibrant town makes this place one of the most ideal bases for a holiday of discovery or a relaxing short break.
* Get active in the Lake District: For those of you looking for a more active weekend away, look no further than Lake Windermere, the largest natural lake in England. Windermere is the perfect location for active families seeking cycling, hiking or water-based activities like swimming or boating.
* Scottish seaweed spa: Try something therapeutic and relaxing and visit Diana Drummond's seaweed skincare Spa in Scotland. They offer a variety of products that have been developed using traditional formulations and organic ingredients. Their products are cruelty free and contain no harmful chemicals.