Washington, Dec. 31: Warner Bros.' 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' beat Disney's 'Frozen' to the top spot at the weekend box office after raking in 29.9 million dollars.
The domestic total of the sequel of 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' is now 190.3 million dollars after three weeks, CNN reported.
Meanwhile, Disney's animated flick earned 28.9 million dollars over the three-day weekend, which now takes its total to 248.4 million dollars.
While Paramount's 'Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues' raked in 20.2 million dollars in its second weekend, Sony's 'American Hustle' earned 19.6 million dollars over the weekend for a running total 60 million dollars.
Leonardo DiCaprio starrer flick 'The Wolf of Wall Street' concluded the top five with 18.5 million dollars, bringing its total to 34.3 million dollars.
The top five at the weekend box office are:
1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 29.9 million dollars
2. Frozen - 28.9 million dollars
3. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues - 20.2 million dollars
4. American Hustle - 19.6 million dollars
5. The Wolf of Wall Street - 18.5 million dollars (ANI)