New Delhi, Dec 4: Bollywood celebrities like Neha Dhupia, Aditi Rao Hydari and Dia Mirza took to Twitter to persuade Delhiites to step out and vote and exercise their democratic rights for the Delhi state elections Wednesday.
There was 48 percent polling till 3 pm.
Here's what they had to say:
- Neha Dhupia: Make your choice Delhi. When things go right or wrong you know you are responsible for your leader. Send an image of your inked finger! As Delhi is all set to vote today (Wednesday), my dad Pradhoop is all set too. Vote for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
- Koel Purie: Did you go vote? Normally, I keep my ballot secret but this year Sheila nani (Sheila Dikshit, who has been presiding over Delhi's affairs for an uninterrupted 15 years) has to be retired. Go vote for AAP and let's see things change.
- Aditi Rao Hydari: Today is the day - Delhi go Vote! It's your country, your city, own it!
- Chetan Bhagat: Okay Delhi, today, show them who's the boss. Happy voting!
- Dia Mirza: Delhi vote today! Get marked. No excuse for not exercising your most important right!
- Kunal Kohli: Delhi, go vote,for anyone, but vote.
- Gul Panag: Delhi get out and vote. Yes. Or else, you will have no one to blame for the state of affairs but yourself. Yes.
- Anupam Kher: Vote for any person or party that gives you a sense of security. It is your one chance to make a difference to your own future. Go and vote.
-Soha Ali Khan: Exercise your right to vote today Delhi! It's the only way to have your concerns represented in government and for your voice to be heard.
- Vishal Dadlani: For too long, the corrupt have "fooled and ruled" us. It ends tomorrow. Vote for a better India. Dilli, dikha do AAP kya cheez ho! (Delhi show what you are)