Washington, Aug 26: Lee Daniels' 'The Butler' has won the weekend box office for the second time in a row with 17 million dollars earnings, according to studio estimates on Sunday.
Daniels' historical drama about a long-serving White House butler, starring Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey, had last weekend opened with 24.6 million dollars, Fox News reported.
Meanwhile, Jennifer Aniston raunchy comedy 'We're the Millers' fell slightly in its third weekend, grossing 13.5 million dollars to the second spot and the teen fantasy 'Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,' opened tepidly in third with 9.3 million dollars on the weekend.
Edgar Wright's pub-crawl-gone-wrong comedy 'The World's End' opened with 8.9 million dollars, while home-invasion horror flick 'You're Next' opened weakly with 7.1 million dollars.
With a cumulative total of 52.3 million dollars, 'The Butler' is headed for a domestic haul of 100 million dollars.
Top 10 box office earners:
1. 'The Butler'- 17 million dollars
2. 'We're the Millers'- 13.5 million dollars
3. 'Mortal Instruments: City of Bones'- 9.3 million dollars
4. 'The World's End'- 8.9 million dollars
5. 'Planes'- 8.6 million dollars
6. 'Elysium'- 7.1 million dollars
7. 'You're Next'- 7.1 million dollars
8. 'Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters'- 5.2 million dollars
9. 'Blue Jasmine'- 4.3 million dollars
10. 'Kick-Ass 2'- 4.3 million dollars. (ANI)