Melbourne, July 24: Producer Frank Marshall talked about the status of the fourth 'Jurassic Part' film, which is set to hit theatres by 2014.
Rumours about a fourth entry in the series had been kicking around the internet for more than a decade.
Fans had all but given up on the film becoming a reality until Steven Spielberg announced to Comic Con last year that he had a story he wanted to make.
Marshall, who also produced 'Indiana Jones' for Spielberg, told movie website Collider this week that they hoped to have Jurassic Park 4 "on the screen within two years."
He added that the movie would be a sequel, not a reboot and promised audiences a great leap forward in special effects.
"That's what's gonna be great about it, technology's taken a leap now that we can really do some great things," News.com.au quoted him as saying.
Spielberg has said he won't be directing JP4 so it's likely he and Marshall will be announcing a director for the project soon.
The pair already have 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver working on a script but it's unclear whether the new film will feature any of the characters from the first three films.
The three Jurassic Park films made more than two billion dollars at the box office and brought dinosaurs back to the big screen in a believable way.
Spielberg plans to re-release the original Jurassic Park next year in 3D. (ANI)